Chocolate Brownies




Chocolate! I'm surprised that chocolate isn't included as one of the 7 sins. It has the ability to weaken the strongest of us. Just imagine this- a delicious piece of semi- dark chocolate resting on your tongue and sinfully melting away, overwhelming and drowning your senses in the decadent chocolate-y pleasure. Mmmmm.....made you smile, didn't it? :) I think its the one word in the English dictionary that brings a smile almost instantaneously to our face. I remember that there was a time in my life, when I wasn't too fond of it (unbelievable,right?!!). But its true. How unfortunate that I missed out on those years of indulging in the abundant chocolate delicacies. Oh well, I can't really turn back time, but I can surely try to make up for the lost time.

Coming to chocolate brownies, I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said. What more could one person want than a piece (who am I kidding, a box) of fudgy chocolate brownie along with a cup of hot coffee on an rainy evening. Don't go eat the whole box in a day, you know there is tomorrow, right?! ;)

Alright, so here's the recipe of my version of the chocolate brownie with a twist. I have been told that they really come out very well. Even my brother, M, who doesn't like eating the brownies I make, ended up finishing almost half the batch in just a day. Passed the litmus test I'd say! Yayyy


Here's the recipe:
Makes 20 2" by 2" pcs

Ingredients:

3 eggs
2/3 cup of flour
1 cup of sugar (powdered)
1.5 tspns vanilla essence
100 gms of semi dark chocolate melted (use dark if you like the strong flavour, but read further before you do)
2 tbspn of cocoa powder
1/2 tbspn baking powder
1.5 tbspn of coffee (yes, secret ingredient!)
literally a pinch of salt
1/2 cup cream/ unsalted butter
A pinch of love


Method:

Heat oven at bout 350F or 180C. Grease a baking tray with edges or an oven proof pan and line with parchment paper.
Combine eggs, cream and sugar and beat till eggs turn a pale yellow colour and are fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients in the mixture and stir well. Use a food processor if you like. Don't mix for a long time otherwise the brownies will turn into chocolate bread. We don't want that. Just till the mixture becomes homogeneous and thick and rich! Add walnuts or pecans if you like or keep it plain.

Transfer the brownie mix onto the baking tray, bake for bout 20-30 mins max depending on your oven. Enjoy the heavenly smell of chocolate baking that is wafting in your house. Keep an eye, you don't want the top to burn. Insert a toothpick to see if it is done. If the toothpick comes out clean, the brownie is done. Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 mins atleast (Yeah, as if!) Be patient. It shouldn't rise much, will be relatively flat. Cut the brownie into desired size. Be a little thrifty, it is quite rich. and enjoy with a cup of coffee or some vanilla ice- cream or just like that. Here's your fudgy-melt-in-your-mouth brownie. YOU made it!!! Don't forget to share! ;)


Comments

Popular Posts