Cheesy Crusty Pesto Garlic Bread

You know what's perfect for that really warm summer day when all you want to do is have a cool lemonade and read a book and relax?! The thing that makes it JUST perfect for me is something made with cheese. I know! Cheese is my Achilles heel. 

Is it completely my fault that I can't resist the beautiful gooey, golden, nutty roasted deliciousness? No, please don't answer that. 

Let me just tell you what I did yesterday afternoon. I indulged in a wee bit of naughtiness.......hey, now, not that kind of naughtiness, I mean cheating on my diet kind of naughtiness!  

I ended up making this 


Just make it and see why I'm at a loss of words to describe this aptly. 

Serves: 4-6

Time taken: 20 mins

Complexity: **

You'll need

1 baguette
4 tbsp pesto
Your fave toppings - I used tomatoes and olives
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese (I used the stuff out of the box, our secret!) 
Italian seasoning (optional) 
No need to use salt if you're using parmesan cheese.
Your pinch of love

Method

Preheat your over at 200C or 400F 

Slice your baguette into half lengthwise. Now before cutting, observe. The baguette has a base /flat side and a rounded top. Cut right through the rounded top edge and straight through. You'll always have a perfectly halved baguette that way

Smear 2 tbsp of pesto over each side. If you do not have pesto, just blend together 1 cup of basil leaves + 1/2 cup parsley leaves + 3 garlic cloves + half cup olive oil in a food processor till you get a coarse paste. 

Place baguette halves over each other and roll into foil. Place in oven for 7-10 minutes. This is what will give the baguette a crunchier crust and let all the pesto flavour seep in deep. 

Remove from the oven, carefully. Unroll the foil, spread your toppings, grate your cheese over it. If you have fresh mozzarella, just divide chunks over the bread. Sprinkle in your pinch of love.



Replace in the oven, for 10 mins or till the cheese turns golden yummalicious. Divide the garlic bread, serve hot with your homemade Drool-worthy Marinara sauce. Pesto adds just a zing to the usually simple cheese garlic bread. Indulge! 






Comments

Popular Posts