Chocochip Sundae aka Pizookie (B'day Post!!)

2 years back this day I was celebrating my birthday in L.A. with my aunts and cousins. We'd all gone out to eat and well when the restaurant got to know its my birthday, they brought out this dee-lee-cious dessert on the table. It was a first for me! 

And oh boy! 

You don't quite forget your firsts do you?! 

The dessert was a warm Chocolate chip cookie baked in an individual plate dish topped with a cool scoop of vanilla bean icecream. My my....the icecream slowly but surely melting..losing its resolve to stay cool just as I was losing my resolve not to dive in! The dessert won ofcourse. 

So this birthday,  I wanted to give myself a similar treat. The feeling of accomplishment when I do end up making one of the best things ever in my life is utterly indescribable!!! 

Yes!! This is one of the best ever! I'm so proud of me..... Happy Birthday to me!!! 




Here's how you can make it as well

Serves: 6

Complexity: ** 

Time taken: 45 mins


You'll need

1 stick butter (approx 5 tbsp), softened
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
50-100 gms dark choco chips (as much or as little you like them)
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp instant coffee granules
pinch of love


Method

Have your oven preheating at 350F or 180C.

Line your baking tray with parchment paper. I wanted to make just one giant cookie. So I went for a glass baking dish and since I was out of parchment paper, I lined it with foil. If you know me, you'll know I like to bend rules

Start with combining your wet ingredients first. Take the butter. in a bowl (I used salted butter which is why I did not add any salt to the dough. If you're using unsalted butter, please do make sure you add 1/2 tsp salt to bring out all the flavours of the ingredients)



Add the brown sugar first




Then the white sugar



And then the condensed milk.




Mix them all together with a whisk. 



Crack open the egg quite clumsily so the yolk splits and you can't take a pretty picture



Add in the vanilla essence. By all means use pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean to this if you have it on hand. It will amplify the taste I'm sure.




Again whisk it all together. 



Now, and quite unceremoniously so, dump in the chocolate chips or in my case the chocolate bar that I broke into chunks. Make do in your kitchen. Its more fun that way. 




Meanwhile in another bowl, add in the cup of flour and the instant coffee powder. 



Top it with baking powder. 



Give that a whisk as well so everything's combined. 




Now its time to combine the dry and wet ingredients. Add the flour mix to the other bowl. 




Fold them all together well. Whisk it so everything becomes perfectly combined. See how the batter is not runny but yet its glossy almost like a dough. Sprinkle in your pinch of love. 




Place the batter in the baking dish. 




Spread it around as evenly as you can.




Place in the oven for baking. Mine took about 25 minutes to bake. This is after 12 minutes or so. You can see the dough rising and cracking on the surface




Check with toothpick after 20 mins to see done-ness. Your cookie is ready. All cracked n perfect. I really really want to have it all....




Look at it, showing off... 




The fun doesn't stop here. 

Cut out a piece of the cookie. You'll see how soft the inside is. The crust all crisp and those wicked chocolate chunks, oozing by now. *fast shallow breaths*




I added caramel biscotti ice-cream on top of this evil perfect cookie. I call it evil because I'm sure it has me in a trance since I can't keep my hands off of it. Oh and top it off with a red cherry. My desserts are not complete without a cherry on top. Why would anyone even eat a dessert if it has no cherry?! Garnish it with grated chocolate and boom!! 




Its a beauty, isn't it?! Make it and please don't forget to wish me a Happy year ahead! Thank you! Indulge! 









Comments

Popular Posts