Cranberry Lemon Pancakes

Pancakes

That one word

Makes my mornings completely blissful

The softest, spongiest, tastiest bite of heaven

I love them as much as I hate them. 

I love the fact that they are so scrumptious, I hate the fact that I can't eat them all the time. I love the fact that I can make them from scratch in my own home, I hate the fact that they add inches to my waistline.

What a conundrum life can be at times.

And I, who doesn't have much of a sweet tooth anyways... CRAVE, yes, crave for these beauties.

Who wouldn't?! 

Try them and tell me they don't taste of summer, try them and tell me they don't taste of freshness, try them and tell me they don't add that extra spring in your step. I dare you. There, I said it. 





The rhapsody of lemon, cranberries and basil makes my heart skip a beat with joy. 

Go ahead n make them n live a little....

Did I mention these beauties are mini pancakes....so adorable! The kids will love them, my parents sure did! 


Serves: 4

Complexity: **

Time taken: 20 mins


You'll need

1 1/2 cup flour
2 heaped tbsp of powdered sugar
3/4 tbsp baking powder
1 large egg
zest of one lemon
10-12 dried cranberries (use fresh if available)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (use vanilla extract if available)
1 cup milk
Butter
Basil leaves
Pancake syrup/ maple syrup
Pinch of love

Method

In a bowl, large-ish, take the cup of flour




To that add sugar




The baking powder. Oh how I wish I had a better camera or better lights or better technique to show you there IS baking powder in that pile of white-ness. 




Add the lemon zest to it. You can already smell how fresh and fragrant this is. Are you with me on that?!




Chop up the cranberries (if you want. I was making miniature pancakes and wanted to keep everything to size. If you're making regular pancakes, no need for the chopping!), and add them to the dry ingredients.




Crack open an egg and admire for a second how perfectly golden the yolk is. 




Add the vanilla essence. You see how as soon as the wet ingredients come in contact with the baking powder, it starts to foam.





To this add the cup of milk. Now make sure you add the milk gradually while combining the rest of the ingredients.  I like using a whisk for this, incorporates air to make the pancakes fluffier. Add in your pinch of love. 





Make sure the batter doesn't become runny. We want a smooth rich thick batter. Let the batter rest for 5 mins.





Next have a griddle/ pan on medium heat. Butter the surface and spoon in the batter.

You'll know you're ready to flip them when you'll see bubbles starting to appear on the top of the pancakes.





Flip them carefully and let them cook for about a minute on the other side till they get brown. 





Plate them up with a few basil leaves and some lime/ lemon zest on top. Purrrrrect! Drizzle the pancake syrup and dig in. 





Promise me you'll make these today. Make me happy. Make yourself happy. Its a win-win. Indulge! 









Comments

  1. Excellent pancakes, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see some indian dishes as well. Thanks for sharing with such detailed pics and lovely presentation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a pleasure to be able to do this... And I'll definitely share Indian recipes as well, I have quite a few lined up as of now! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts