4th of July Cake Pops

A benchmark law was just passed in the US of A. 

I see rainbow hues everywhere!!! 

I also know that there are many countries that will follow suite soon. *fingers crossed*

Aaannd 4th of July is just round the corner. Just to show my appreciation for the great nation and to commemorate the bold step in this right direction, I wanted to make something special. 

Whenever I think of America, the flavour chocolate 'Pops' into my head. And I was like, hey!! Lets make some cake pops for the special occasion! 

So easy to make they would look super awesome at bbq parties or even on any regular day, just your bite-sized-pieces of heaven! 



What I did was, I used the Funfetti Cake for making them. Those lovely colours of the rainbow was what made them so fabulous! I wish I had added more sprinkles to the cake but oh well... they turned out excellent!! Lets get to the recipe then

Makes: 15 (golf ball sized pops)

Time taken: 15 min + cooling time

Complexity: **

You'll need

2 cups cake crumble
1/2 cup frosting of your choice, I used white chocolate ganache + 1 tbsp if required
lolipop sticks or skewers
1 1/2 cup dark chocolate/ candy melts/ chocolate chips- semisweet
Pinch of love

Method

Add the ganache to your cake crumbs and mix them all together. Add enough ganache/ frosting so that when you press together the cake crumbs, they form a firm ball. If needed, add some more ganache but be careful not to over do it. 

Make small balls of this mix. Use a small icecream scoop so that you have even sized portions. I used half my cake to make these balls and I got 15 balls exactly. Let them cool in the fridge for minimum 30 minutes to allow the frosting to bind the balls together. 



When you're ready to take out your pops out of the fridge, melt your dark semi-sweet chocolate in a double boiler and let it cool for about 5 minutes. 



Dunk around 1 cm of the skewer or lolipop stick in the melted chocolate and then pierce the cake ball with it. Push the stick in till its halfway in the ball. 

Immerse the cake pop in the melted chocolate and very gently, shake off the excess. Don't worry too much though, the extra chocolate will drip off eventually when you let it cool. 

To hold these pops upright while they cool, I made a glass holder by inserting styrofoam inside. Let them cool in the fridge for atleast 2 hours. Sprinkle some red white n blue jimmies if you have them on hand. 



However, I had no patience and I let them set only for 30 minutes. I mean who can resist such sweet temptation!! 

Look at the glossy chocolate coating, waiting to reveal what lies inside 



The Red, White and the Blue



When I bit into it for 'photography purposes', I had melted chocolate coating my lips and goodness..... the cakepops tasted divine!! 



Here's to 4th of July!! Happy Independence Day America!! Indulge!!  








Comments

Popular Posts